Maumee Valley Save-A-Pet's new Kitty Cabana featured in the Toledo Blade! Click here to read the article!
Maumee Valley Save-A-Pet featured in the Toledo Blade! Click here to read the article!
Breaking news on Delta Cat Colony. We need your help!
MVSAP was contacted about a colony of cats in the country in Delta left behind when the renters were evicted. Guess on number ranges from 11-20. We picked up the first five last night and here's the scoop:
1. tortie kitten Winnie (pictured) whose lymph nodes are the size of marbles, on medication for upper respiratory infection, needs foster home
2. adult tortie Maggie, deep pus-filled puncture wound in neck which was drained and she's waiting to be spayed, may have a home, may need temporary fostering
3. young black & white female Abby FIV positive, spayed, looking for a home
4. young black & white female Talia, severely dislocated and partially skinned tail probably caused by having it shut in a door and the cat pulling it out, partial amputation perfomed, 50-50 chance of complete recovery, need foster home for her recovery period, may have an adopter
5. adult calico Summer luckily healthy and now spayed, has an adopter.
Cost for these cats alone is over $600. At least 7 cats remain. All friendly. We have volunteers making the trip to Delta to feed but need funds and homes for the cats. Our shelter is full and our budget is stretched to its limits and we expect the remaining cats may need additional vet care beyond spay/neuter.
If you have room in your home and heart to adopt one of these cats or one of the ones still outside, would like to learn about our foster care program, or would like to donate to help with vet expenses (note that your donation is for the Delta Dozen) we would truly appreciate it. Good, responsible barn homes welcome. Call the shelter 419-537-9663 or email email@example.com. Thank you!
Maumee Valley Save-A-Pet Newsletter
January/February 2013 - Click Here to View
March/April 2012 Newsletter - Click Here to View
January/February 2012 Newsletter - Click Here to View
November/December 2011 Newsletter - Click Here to View
September/October 2011 Newsletter - Click Here to View
July/August 2011 Newsletter - Click Here to View
May/June 2011 Newsletter - Click Here to View
March/April 2011 Newsletter - Click Here to View
September 2010 Newsletter - Click Here to View
August 2010 Newsletter - Click Here to View
July 2010 Newsletter - Click Here to View
Weekend Adoption Showings
Our cats and kittens can be seen at the following locations:
Petco, Talmadge & Monroe, daily during regular store hours; and
Pet Supplies Plus in the Toledo area every Friday and Saturday.
For current adoption showing information, check the Toledo Blade classifieds every Friday and Saturday
If you're interested in a particular animal, no need to wait for an adoption event. Just call 419-537-9663 and leave a message. You can visit your prospective pet in its foster home, at our Shelter, or we'll bring the animal to see you.
Looking for an easy, low-time commitment to help Save-A-Pet? Volunteers are needed to clean our cages at Petco, Monroe & Talmadge. Volunteers are needed for Thursday and Sunday mornings. If interested in volunteering, call 419-537-9663 or fill out the volunteer application in the "Get Involved" section of our website.